Friday, May 10, 2013

Awaiting At The Gates


In The Demon's Head #111: Awaiting At the Gates

May 10, 2013

HAPPY FRIDAY! See I started the week saying happy Monday, and I realized real quickly how much of a bullshit statement that was. However, happy Friday does the trick it seems. I hope that you have enjoyed the "Sands Of The Forgotten" trilogy. Today we wrap up that trilogy with the final piece this week. Before reading them though check out part 1 and part 2. Now let's take a look at the picture:



Awaiting At the Gates

I don't know what got into me,
I picked up the gun,
If that's what you could call it,
And I ran,
I don't know if I expected to fix things,
Or change anything,
But I stormed ahead anyway,
The machine locked,
And before I knew it,
It was over,
The world went black,
For a split second,
Then Another brilliant white light,
Flashed Into my vision
That same disembodied voice,
Began to talk,
"This is what's coming,
There's no stopping,
No halting,
No fixing,
They are coming,
And coming for you,
And your entire planet,
They will take no prisoners,
And You will never win,"
I stood stunned,
"How do you know this?"
I heard the clinks and the clanks,
As the machine rolled forward,
It looked half human,
Half Robot,
It's face twisted into an eerie smile,
"Because I plan your futures,
And I want your future,
To be non-existent,"
A laugh came from deep within the machine,
From inside my head,
My brain kicked in,
"Explain The Pyramid,"
I called,
"We built it years ago,
And hid it from your people,
Because We only wanted them to know of our coming,
When we finally did,
Now that you've been locked inside,
People will come looking,
And the news will spread,
Eventually everyone will be afraid,
Of what's to come,
And we will strike,
Without a Warning,
But don't fear,
It will come quick and painless,
Enjoy what's left of life,
Because Soon,
It will no longer be there,"
The light suddenly faded again,
And when I came to this time,
I could feel the Sun warming my face,
I heard footsteps,
And I opened my eyes,
I looked around and saw my crew,
And realized that I was under a tent,
"What happened?"
I asked,
My voice was faint,
And almost gone,
"You passed out,
Doc thinks it's from heat exhaustion,"
I nodded,
I tried to recall parts of the world,
That I had been in,
But they were fading,
I chalked it up,
To just oddity,
In my brain,
Then the ground began to rumble,
And I heard someone call out,
"My God,
The sand is flowing,"

About The Piece

"Awaiting At the Gate" closes out the "Sands Of The Forgotten" trilogy. While the ending that we have now wasn't quite the ending I had originally planned, neither was a better portion of the piece itself. I had pictured something a bit different in our futures but it didn't quite work out that way. Things like that though make it entertaining to be a writer, and hopefully entertain you as a reader.

You can connect with me in the following ways:


You can also subscribe to have the blog delivered to you whenever a new post is published. To do that you can enter your email in the top-most box. The form below that allows you to sign up for my personal mailing list, and with it you'll get tons of freebees, news, and other things before anyone else. Finally if you feel generous you can donate using the paypal button at the top of the blog.

Until the next time you want to take a trip through the gates of hell, and into the demon's head, I'm Kyle Robinson wishing you a safe trip back to the surface.  

No comments:

Post a Comment