Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Wars Across The Desert


In The Demon's Head #110: Wars Across the Desert

May 8, 2013

Happy Wednesday everyone, I want to take a second and say thanks to everyone who's been reading this blog, and to those who are now checking out the work on Wattpad. I'm truly humbled by what I've seen and I can't thank you enough. Now let's get onto picture number 2 this week. Note: Before you read today's piece, check out "Pyramids Through Time" that you can find here.



Wars Across The Desert

The door opened,
Blinding me with the light,
And a voice began to call to me,
"You've come,
Into a world,
Where war is the common place,
Everywhere you look,
You'll see the destruction,
Of those who are in charge,
They felt that this land,
Was theirs,
To ruin,
War is all they know,"
The land that stretched out in front of me,
It was desert for as far as I could see,
Gun shots rang out,
But I never heard,
Or saw any men,
I walked slowly,
And the sand crumbled under my feet,
As I topped the first hill,
I saw it,
The cause of all the destruction,
It was 20 feet tall,
Rolling,
And firing,
On anything that moved,
There were thousands of machines at it's feet,
They were attempting to fire on it,
And bring it down,
What was left in their wake,
Was mass destruction,
As I stared on what used to be a town,
Now left in ruins,
I couldn't believe what it was that I was seeing,
I slowly walked down the hill,
And it was here that I found my first real person,
Hunkered down,
And hiding,
"Hello."
I called to him,
He jumped,
And yelped,
But turned to look at me,
"Ye...Yes?"
He asked,
"What's going on here?"
I asked him.
"This is the Goliath War,
Do you know where you are?"
I shook my head,
"This is what used to be New York City,
Years ago.
"What happened to it?"
He looked around,
And then back to me,
"They came,
We weren't ready,
And they destroyed everything,"
I was looking at the direction he was pointing,
And I saw the machine on the other end,
"We fought back,
But it was useless,
They destroyed cities,
Countries,
And eventually were able to corrupt,
The earth's balance,
And now everything has turned to ash,
The oceans,
Are gone,
Cities,
Gone,
The world as a whole,
Is gone,
What's left are the few that were able to adapt,
And these,
These monsters,
That was almost 100 years ago,
We've managed to adapt even better,
And rebuild,
Slightly,
But that's still no match for these things,
We've attempted to do something,
But nothing seemed to work,"
I shifted my focus to the battlefield,
And in that moment,
Something came over me,
I picked up the abandoned gun by the man's side,
And I ran,
I ran as fast as I could toward the trouble,
I didn't know what I was doing,
Or why I was doing it,
But I ran,
I crossed the threshold of the battlefield,
And in that moment,
I realized that this situation,
Was all too real,

(To Be Continued...)

About The Piece

When I first pictured "War Of The Desert" I wasn't sure how I could fit it into what I was going to do and where I was going to go. The first piece to the puzzle set up a unique chance to go anywhere I wanted but with the picture I thought that this direction was the best. Be sure to check back Friday for the final piece to this week's trilogy.

You can meet me on the following networks:


You can also sign up to get the blog sent directly to your inbox by putting your email in the box above. The box below that allows you to sign up for the new mailing list and you will get all sorts of free things for doing so. To do that fill out the form and hit subscribe. Finally, you can donate using the paypal button at the top of the blog.

Until the next time you want to take a trip through the gates of hell, I'm Kyle Robinson wishing you a safe trip back to the surface. 

No comments:

Post a Comment