Friday, December 7, 2012

In The Demon's Head: Major Announcement



In The Demon’s Head #71: Major Announcement

December 7, 2012

Hello everyone, I hope that today’s post finds you all well and good leading into the holidays that are just around the corner. I said yesterday during a Facebook post that I would be making a few major announcements today in the form of a blog post so here it goes.

Free Writings Are Set to Return This Month

It’s been a few months since I’ve done any of these. In honesty I had intended on doing one a month every month and that kind of fell apart with the launch of  “More Than Memories” and I don’t think  I’ve done a free writing in nearly four months. Well that changes this month as my free poetry writings return and maybe even a couple of short stories that haven’t made the cut into “More Than Memories” but in order to keep up with the monthly pace I expect far more poems then short stories. This month’s poem is called “The Club” and I’m expecting it to be available on December 18 pending a cover photo. This was one of the many things that I reconsidered after reading a post from Google Plus about how readers viewed me and my brand as a whole. There’s more on this subject below.

Price Reduction for More Than Memories

I know I’ve done this once before but here me out on this one, it’s not a sales gimmick or anything else, it’s legit in me lowering the price and here’s why. The same Google Plus article that I referenced above also taught me how to think about the pricing of the E-Book goes. It said in the article that you need to establish yourself   before you can expect someone to want to pay 2, 3, 4 or more dollars for your book. You need to think it from a consumer point of view and not from a what you think the book is worth standpoint and that’s exactly where I found myself once “More Than Memories” was released. I’ll be honest the book has managed to sell only one copy thus far and the more I think about it the more I think that it has to do with the price. Let’s face it unless you read this blog or visit the Facebook page, or follow me on twitter (in which case if you do any or all of these many thanks to you) then you likely have no idea who I am when it comes to buying  books of mine. Even some of those who do those things wouldn’t want to throw their money at something they’re not completely sure about and that’s why I’ve decided after much consideration that I will be charging for 1.50 for the book going forward. I think this pleases a number of parties, including those who didn’t want to pay 3 dollars and those who feel that 99 cents warrant a cheap and not very well done book. I for one hope that this will entice you to pick up a copy of the book had you been on the fence about it. Also remember that you can download a sample and read through some of the book before you buy it. The book on smashwords is available here.

New Website Is Coming

I said this sometime ago that I intended to update the website and I still haven’t ever gotten around to it but that procrastination will end shortly. I’m aiming to begin rebuilding the website within the coming weeks and have it completed by the end of the year. This is one of those timetables that I hope pans out to my advantage but we’ll have to see how work and everything goes. Regardless there will be a better designed website up in the very near future you can mark my words.

That’s about all of everything that I’ve got right now. I hope to have some more info on the website in the coming weeks and I will be sure to let you in that info when I can get it. Until the next time you want to take a trip through the gates of hell and into the demon’s head, I’m Kyle Robinson wishing you a safe trip back to the surface.

No comments:

Post a Comment