Friday, November 9, 2012

In The Demon's Head: Long Time No See



In The Demon's Head #69: Long Time No See
November 9, 2012

Hello everyone and happy Friday. Today is the first blog post that I've put up in quite some time. I have to apologize for that but I'm back today and I've got some information on the "Blackout" series, my progress during NaNoWriMo, and this blog in general. We'll start with my current goals and thoughts on this blog.

In The Demon's Head: Looking Ahead

As I said earlier I apologize for the erratic post here lately. They haven't been posted at the same time or even on the same day. Under the same token I haven't been posting twice a week for quite some time. There are two reasons for that, the first being that the work schedule that I'm currently keeping up is not allowing me to post as frequently as I would have wanted. Second, I haven't quite had the subject matter to post twice a week. That being said I'd like to tell you what I'm hoping for in the coming weeks.

My intention is to return to posting once a week, every Friday, I'd like to bump it back up to two times a week but this will only occur once I get the work schedule and material situations figured out and this may take a few weeks at the least for that to happen. Until then I will attempt to at least make the one post a week however, I will not commit to doing two post a week again most likely until next year.

The post that you will get though will be updates on subjects that include upcoming projects, progress on current projects things of that nature. Should I receive any emails, questions or other things then it's possible that I'll share those with you as well. If you'd like to send me an email just click here and send me whatever is on your mind. 
 
NaNoWriMo Progress

To anyone who has been following the Facebook Page then this may be some recycled information but if you haven't heard yet I've turned NaNoWriMo into NaShWriMo not that it makes as much sense. Basically I'm taking the month of November and attempting to finish or write a substantial number of stories in the "Blackout" series. There are 10 of them so it's likely that I won't be able to reach that goal with the other engagements that I have but I'm going to try that much I will promise you. I'd like to at least make it through 3-4 of them and that will free up enough time for me to get ready for the next projects on the agenda and set them up for publication. So far I'm just now into the second story but I feel that I can at least finish it and possibly much more should I be able to get over the sickness that I'm feeling here's to that hope coming true.
Blackout Series

Speaking of the Blackout Series there is some development in that department. With the current plans for November editing the first of the Blackout series is a highly unlikely possibility. With that said I intend to begin editing the stories the first week of December and I will gear them up hopefully for a late January/ Early February release for the first one which as I've indicated before will be free. It will be available throughout different areas including WattPad, Smashwords, Amazon and my website. Also I think I'd like to announce the first two volumes, they are "Life After Dark" and "Six Feet Under" I haven't decided on any of them after that. I thought I had three but looking back I didn't like the title of the third volume so that's gone.

New Ideas and Future Projects

So there's a couple of new ideas that have been circulating in my head here lately. One is for a novel that will likely come later rather then sooner but the other one is something that's likely to occur as early as next year. Recently I've found some mild success with my poem Viral on WattPad, if you haven't had a chance to read it yet click here. Mind you this is the first draft of that poem and the final draft is available in "More Than Memories" however a lot of recent comments and suggestions said that I should convert Viral into a story/novel and upon giving it some serious thought I may just do that. I couldn't tell you how long it will be but I think that I like the idea of taking one of my pieces and expanding on it even further so look for a Viral inspired story sometime in 2013.

That's all the updates and information that I have today. I hope to be back next Friday with some new information and some updates. I hope you guys enjoyed this week and until the next time that you want to take a trip through the gates of hell and into the Demon's head I'm Kyle Robinson wishing you a safe trip back to the surface.

PS: If you haven't heard yet, "More Than Memories" is available now for purchase you can check it out on Smashwords or Amazon pick up a copy and share your thoughts with the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment