Friday, October 12, 2012

In The Demon's Head: Sinking My Teeth In





In The Demon's Head #67: Sinking My Teeth In
October 12, 2012

Hello everyone and welcome to your weekend. I hope everyone has at least some sort of plan to do something this weekend. I for one am off work tonight and will hopefully finish the editing of “More Than Memories” by the end of the weekend. But that's not all that's going on in the world of Robinson's Writings. Join me for a few tidbits that I've found out of the last couple of weeks. Some of this information will be very useful going forward, some of it is more for me to share with you guys. So let's get started.

More Than Memories Releasing This Month

I've said this before I'm sure but I'll let you know again. “More Than Memories” is slated for an October 30th release. That's just 17 days away. If it sounds like I'm harping, I promise I'm not I'm just so excited about the release of this book that I want to tell anyone who will listen.

One thing you may not know is that I have finally decided on the price for the book. It will be on sale for 4.99. I'm very excited and I'd love to tell everyone that I really hope that this book speaks to you the way it has to me over the last year.

In case your wondering what this book is about I'd like to give you a short overview:

The human mind serves its own purpose. It protects us when we can't do it ourselves. It takes over when we shut down. It saves us when we can't save us. But what about when your mind is pushed to the edge and it no longer functions like it should? In “More Than Memories” a short story and poetry collection that's exactly what happens. Throughout the book we find out what happens when the human limits are tested. How would you react if the world was in chaos? You lost everything you loved? “More Than Memories” explores these situations among many more.

I hope you'll join us on October 30th as I release this book. I would also love any and all reviews for this book.

Looking Past “More Than Memories”

A writers work is never done. That's why right now I'd like to also talk about what's going to happen after “More Than Memories” is released. I've learned a number of things about how to promote my writing and my work and one way I'm going to do that is to release a free E-Book called “Life After Dark” it's the first in a 10 story series that is going to be full of twist, turns, and crazy like roller coaster rides.
While a definite release date is still not sure I'm looking at December sometime for this book. I look for this to be free via e-readers as well as my website, Wattpad, and possibly Facebook. I'll have more information on that as the dates get closer.

Learning That Money Isn't Everything

Now let's be honest here, I already knew this but there's a reason that I've titled this section that.

I've made no bones about the fact that I want to make a living writing books and entertaining you guys but today I realized there's a lot more to making money when I received a comment for a fan on Wattpad the comment came from user breathofmorninglight and it read: wow never found a poem about something like this but my goodness you did an amazing job!! The wording, the plot, the climax perfection! More people need to read this!
It was at that moment that I learned that I love doing this because I love that I can touch people with my words. It means more to me then I think you'll realize that I can do this for people. If I never make a living as a writer, as long as I have fans like this one I'll always continue to do it.

That will about do it for this edition of “In The Demon's Head” I will be back Tuesday with another opinion filled post you can bet on that. Until the next time you want to take a trip through the gates of hell and into the demon's head, I'm Kyle Robinson wishing you a safe trip back to the surface.

No comments:

Post a Comment