Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Underground City


In The Demon’s Head #107: Underground City

May 1, 2013

It’s May. This means that it’s finally time for Summer to truly show it’s face. If you’re like me then you’re way too ready for summer. For me today has started a massive pushing forward. If you haven’t heard yet, “Six Feet Under” is being released on May 21st. The second volume in the “Blackout Series” will be available on Smashwords, Barns and Noble, and as part of a Dual Pack on Amazon for the first time, for only $1. Very excited about the coming month but let’s not take away from the photo-blogging challenge. Today marks the second part in this week’s trilogy. If you missed the first part check it out here.  Let’s take a look at today’s picture.



Underground City

Into the Forbidden Woods I went,
And down through the Rabbit hole,
What they were showing me now,
Was a scene ripped,
Right from a sci-fi movie,
Entire cities,
Now call the underground home,
The vast wasteland,
Stretches for miles,
I stand,
And stare,
In disbelief,
“What happened here.”
I asked my batwingged companion,
“That’s why we called to you,” he said,
“Because your here to save,
The future,”
I stared on again,
“What do you mean?”
“You are the only hope,
Of preventing this future,
Right now a battle wages,
Far on the other side,
Of the city,
And you must go,
And tell them that what they are doing,
Is wrong,
You must put an end to the war,
Or what has happened here,
Will happen next,
To your world,”
I couldn’t move,
“But how?”
There was a pause,
“They will see you,
For what you are,
The prophet of the land,
You will put an end to the wars,
And peace,
Will reign supreme,
You will not only save,
Our world,
But also your own,
But you must hurry,
Not all of the city looks like this,
There are parts,
That even as we speak,
Are being destroyed,
And looted,
But you can stop it,”
He pushes me,
And without explanation,
I go forward,
I feel panic,
Rush through my veins,
I run forward,
With the men with batwings,
Right behind me,
I rush forward,
Only hoping that I won’t be too late,
Never stopping to think that,
This isn’t real,

(To Be Continued...)

About The Piece

“Underground City” was a title that I picked after wondering where it was that I could take this story next. The entire idea is a bit out there, but that seems to be where I get the best of my ideas. That’s the second part in this trilogy in the books. Friday we wrap this up with the third and final part.

You can connect with me on the following networks:


You can subscribe to the blog by putting your email in the upper right hand box. This will deliver the blog directly to your inbox every time a new one is published. You can also donate using the paypal button at the top. You can also sign up for the mailing list where you receive free things. You can do that by filling out the form in the upper corner.

Until the next time you want to take a trip through the gates of hell and into the demon’s head, I’m Kyle Robinson wishing you a safe trip back to the surface. 

No comments:

Post a Comment