Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Cleansing of the Storm



In The Demon’s Head #94: Cleansing of the Storm
April 3, 2013

This isn’t something that I usually do, back to back post. But let’s face it I kind of fucked up the schedule earlier this week. Just being honest. Hope your day is going well and it’s not too damn cold. If spring would ever get here life would just be better and I’d bet all of you would agree with me there. But that’s enough of my bullshit rambling let’s take a look at today’s picture:



Cleansing of The Storm

There were memories in that house,
Memories that wouldn’t go away,
Memories that were fresh like scabs,
On open wounds that were inflicted,
By those who were supposed to care,
But were so deep,
They were like scars that added,
To the story of an ugly outside,
Life was never easy,
But the end would come soon,
I kept holding out hope,
While new scabs were formed,
And the old ones,
Turned into more ugly scars,
I knew it would come eventually,
To take me away,
And then I heard it one day,
The crack of thunder,
Unmistakable,
Like the clap of god,
Was ushering its way through,
I knew this was the moment,
The day,
That I had been waiting for,
I felt the walls shake,
In the hallowed,
Shell of a Home,
If you could call it a home
I called it a prison,
The thunder clapped again,
As I walked out the front door,
And I felt the building shudder again behind me,
I walked briskly,
I didn’t know where I was going,
But what was coming,
I didn’t want to be there for,
The storm raged,
And I hid,
In a cellar,
At least a mile,
Maybe more away,
When the sun came out,
I walked back down the road,
And the walls,
Were flattened,
Shaken off its foundation,
And collapsed in on itself,
No part of me wanted it anymore,
And I turned walking back down the road,
Never taking a single look back,
Letting the Storm,
Open new doors,
And a new life,
For me

About The Piece

This piece was inspired both by my strange mind with a bit of influence from Carrie Underwoods’ Hit song “Blown Away” I’m hoping that I didn’t copy it quite as bad as I thought in my head. Either way the piece came out amazing I think. Let me know in the comments what you think of the picture and the piece.

Remember you can Like the Facebook Page, Follow me on Twitter and Pinterest. As well as check me out on Smashwords. You can get the blog post delivered directly to your email address by signing up in the post on the top right. If you feeling generous you can donate to help feed me, it’s Tax Deductible.

Until the next time you want to take a trip through the gates of hell and into the demon’s head, I’m Kyle Robinson wishing you a safe trip back to the surface.  

No comments:

Post a Comment