Saturday, March 30, 2013

A Revolution In Youtube





In The Demon’s Head #92: A Revolution In Youtube

March 30, 2013
Hello everyone and welcome to a special, rare Saturday post. When the idea for this post originally came to me yesterday, I thought about posting it Sunday. The more I thought about it the more I realized that would have been, kind of wrong on some levels. After all, posting a blog called “In The Demon’s Head” on Easter Sunday just seems kind of sacrilegious. Either way I have some new and exciting things to share with you which is why this post is being written. Let’s get to it.

Youtube Channel Coming
About two months ago I talked about starting a Youtube Channel. The idea swarmed around in my head for a few days and then went away. Then a couple of weeks ago I started exploring the idea of audio books. I started toying about with some audio equipment I have. I started recording a few things. At the same time I was working on one of my Photo-blogging challenge pieces, and an idea was born.
Using the computer’s built in webcam and audio equipment that I have I will begin producing some audio readings of my photo-blogging challenge pieces. This does two things for me. It offers me a new platform to help build the audience as well as lets me use my voice in a new way. I also learn the basics of reading my own stuff out loud which is something that I need to get better at.
But the beauty of it all is that readings won’t be the only thing on the channel. In fact I’m going to be doing a vlog from time to time as well. If I can figure it out I will be doing some book trailers. Finally I will debut some public readings of my new works that are coming in the future on the channel. There may be other content that I add but that’s something I have yet to discover. The channel will be live next week hopefully with videos following later that week.
While the title might oversell the idea a bit I think this is a huge step in online presence. One that a lot of writers don’t use to my knowledge so hopefully I’ll see some good things come from it. I’ll have a live link when it’s all set up on my website, and Facebook Page.

MP3 Library Coming to the Website/ Audio Book Future

With the launch of the Youtube Channel there will be MP3’s of the readings. Should you want to download them they will be free of charge available on the website. There will be links in all the descriptions. I hope that you guys take advantage of these downloads and by all means please distribute and share the videos and MP3 files. I’d love all the help that I could get to get noticed.

Speaking of MP3 Files, Life After Dark will no longer be an audio book, at least not at the current time. Now that could change should I learn how things work on a new website someone sent my way. Either way should an audio book for Life After Dark be available any time soon I will not be the one doing it.

Looking To and For Guest Blogging and Interviews

Finally, I’d like to offer out an invitation to any of my fellow writers or readers who may be interested in writing a guest blog post for In The Demon’s Head. I’m a bit new to the guest blogging platform but I know that it’s something that is very beneficial. On the same front I’m available to write guest blog post so if you’d like someone to write a guest post for your blog, or would like to write a guest blog post for me please send me an email with the subject Guest Blogging. In the message give me the details.

On the same note, Interviews are the same way. I’m available for any interviews at any time usually and would love to contribute by giving an interview. It can either be audio or written. Also I’m launching a call to anyone who’d like to have an interview featured here on “In The Demon’s Head” to let me know. If you fall into either category of wanting an interview, or wanting your interview done, send me an email with the subject line “Interview” with details.

I’d like to thank everyone for their response to the Photo-blogging Challenge. You can Like the Page on Facebook, or Follow me on Twitter and Pinterest. Until the next time you want to take a trip through the gates of hell and into the demon’s head, I’m Kyle Robinson wishing you a safe trip back to the surface. 

No comments:

Post a Comment