Friday, February 15, 2013

In The Demon's Head: Welcome Home


In The Demon’s Head #84: Welcome Home
February 15, 2013


Happy finally Friday to all of you. I hope that your weeks have been kind of productive and now your off to celebrate the weekend… hell I wish I was. This marks the 10th Photoblogging post and for me that’s an achievement, I really didn’t think that I’d be able to make it through one week but it’s gotten easier so I look forward to continuing this trend. Also in case you missed it there wills is some new developments in my camp. I wrote a release that I posted on Facebook and my website if you want to take a look. I promise you it’s worth a read. Let’s get onto today’s picture shall we:



Welcome Home

For years I’ve chased something,
That I know is real,
I could feel it in my blood,
In my veins,
I was different,
I wasn’t like them,
But I just didn’t know how,
Life became a burden to me,
And I wanted so much to discover the truth,
Then finally it came one afternoon,
As the clouds shifted,
I felt a pull,
And went down an alley on the side of the road,
There at the dead end,
Was a wall,
That appeared normal at first,
But it slowly began to break apart,
And split open,
Slowly,
Smoke began to drift out from the hole,
And funneled it’s way across the ground,
It wrapped around my ankle,
And pulled,
I wasn’t able to stop it as it pulled me into the wall,
I took one look backwards and it was gone,
The wall closed behind me,
And I was left in the dark,
I heard footsteps,
As they approached I felt my heart in my chest,
“Welcome Home” she said to me,
As the light brilliantly flooded my eyes,
I couldn’t believe what I saw,
People were walking,
In what looked like Paradise,
“Home?” I felt myself question,
Your one of a rare breed my child, You have been given the innate ability,
To see the future,
You always knew you were different,
But you never knew how,”
I stood dumbfounded,
“Wait what?”
The truth is you’ve been on earth for so long,
To watch,
To learn,
To listen,
To interact,
But that time has passed,
And you are home now, “
I felt the air leave my chest,
“If that is indeed the case,
Then what comes next,”
She smiled,
You enjoy the fruits of your labor,
With that I snapped awake,
I stared at the empty room around me,
And I felt the sweat dripping from my forehead,
I looked at the clock,
And it was only 6 AM,
I needed a walk,
To clear my head,
So I headed downtown.

About the Picture and Piece

As you can see from the picture there is a woman in the crack of the wall but I seemed to find it more fitting to write this from a boys’ point of view. I couldn’t explain why but it seemed to work better. For those of you who think the ending is quite abrupt, I’ll say maybe it is but the end point was always the same and I hate rambling when there’s a perfectly good window to get to your ending at the right time.

I’d love your thoughts on the picture or piece. You can share them on my OfficialFacebook Page, the comments section of this blog, or tweet me @krobwriting #photoblogging You can also follow me on pinterest, and subscribe to the blog to receive all of the new post every Monday through Friday by simply putting your email in the top right hand box.

Until the next time you want to take a trip through the gates of hell and into the demon’s head, I’m Kyle Robinson wishing you a safe trip back to the surface.

No comments:

Post a Comment