Thursday, February 7, 2013

In The Demon's Head: Photoblogging Challenge #4


In The Demon’s Head #78: Photoblogging Challenge #4
February 7, 2013

Hello everyone and welcome to Photoblogging Challenge day 4. A couple of things before we get started I think starting next Monday I will stop saying Photoblogging Challenge, I’m sure why but at that point hopefully it’s become apparent. I will mention it in the post but the actual titles will very finally. Also, we’re only 3 days away from the special one year anniversary issue of “In The Demon’s Head” Now I can tell you I don’t have anything special planned, I wish I did but I don’t. Instead I’m going to look back on the year that was and look forward to year two and beyond.

Let’s take a look at Today’s picture



The Core

Those tags jingle in the wind,
I stood on the hill and watched as they brought him home,
We served together,
And I couldn't believe that he was gone,
Taken away from us like that,
In a hail of gunfire,
But nothing really surprises me anymore,
I mean should it,
Considering the things I've seen,
Nothing should really surprise me,
The salute,
And the music,
Warm my heart,
As I watch from Afar,
Might you ask why I’m not present?
At the laying of one of my closest friends,
Because they won’t let me be,
I was the one who laid him down,
In that hail of gunfire,
It was an accident,
Of Friendly fire,
But one I will never be able to take back,
So I stand afar,
In cuffs,
As the funeral proceeds,
I can watch no more,
I am put into the car,
And begin my long journey to wherever it is,
They want me to be,
With nothing but my thoughts,
And those memories,
To keep me company,
And neither are doing,
A good job,

About The Picture and Piece

This picture on this day has a very special place for me as a good friend of mine, Mr. Justin Odell graduates boot camp today. While I can’t be there I must say that I love and respect you man and can’t tell you enough to keep safe and watch your ass. As for the piece this was something that started out in my head as a safe, serene piece, but as it often does it wanted to take its own shape and that’s what it did.

What does the picture or this piece say to you? Let me know in the comments section, on my facebook page, or by tweeting me @krobwritings. Remember you can subscribe to the post with your email in the upper right hand corner and until the next time you want to take a trip through the gates of hell and into the demon’s head, I’m Kyle Robinson wishing you a safe trip back to the surface.

No comments:

Post a Comment