Wednesday, February 6, 2013

In The Demon's Head: Photoblogging Challenge #3

In The Demon’s Head #77: Photoblogging Challenge #3

February 6, 2013



Good evening everyone, I know that today’s post is coming to you a bit later then previous ones but for those of you who don’t know, I work night shift so putting this together this morning just wasn’t something that I could pull off. With that said I’d like to get to the heart of today’s issue and that is another piece inspired by a picture given to me by Miss Liz Butler.

 

The Garden

They’ve told me that everything could be a gateway,
But I never listened,
Then one afternoon I was walking through the yard,
I heard a voice whisper to me,
At first I was confused,
But it called again,
And this time I couldn’t help but answer,
I followed the voice,
Which continued to call my name,
Through the bushes,
And then I saw it,
The face of a man,
Cut into the grass,
Right in front of me,
His mouth moving,
Calling for me,
Welcome
We are here to grant you a gateway,
To eternity,
We will show you the way,
But you must trust us,
I sat silent and scared,
Wondering what came next,
As the face pulled forward,
And a hole was revealed,
Behind it a vast world,
Full of colors,
And things that I had never seen before,
I was scared,
To enter,
And with that I ran away,
Now,
Years have passed,
And I sit here looking back at my life,
Wondering what could be different,
And thinking what could have been,
Had I went through those bushes,
And even though I’m now hundreds of miles away,
The voice still calls to me,
Begging me to come,
Home,
But I must fight,
And I must stay away,
Afterall,
A hole like that,
Cost me my Father,
And My Mother,
I will not allow it to take me too,
So I’ll sit here in this nice little room,
Where the nice people give me food,
Water,
And medicine,
And I’ll stare at the blank walls,
And try not to envision the colors,
That I once saw,
For this way they don’t haunt my nightmares,

 
About the Picture and Piece



This piece was something that was kind of out of left field when you look at the picture. The picture gives off this tone of happy go lucky and everything is pleasant. Please don’t think that I see the gloom in everything but the way I look at the pictures and the way my mind works up the words to go with them isn’t something that I have control over.  If you have ever written a poem or something then you get where I’m coming from here.

Either way I hope you liked the picture and the post and if your thoughts differ from mine. As I’m sure a lot of them do please feel free to share them in the comments section, on my Facebook Page, or on twitter by tweeting @krobwritings

 Don’t forget that you can subscribe to the blog by putting your email in the upper right hand box and having each issue sent directly to your inbox.

Until the next time you take a trip through the gates of hell and into the Demon’s Head. I’m Kyle Robinson wishing you a safe trip back to the surface.

No comments:

Post a Comment