Monday, February 11, 2013

In The Demon's Head: One Year Ago...





In The Demon’s Head #80: One Year Ago…
February 11, 2013

What’s going on everyone? Welcome to Issue #80 and the one year anniversary of “In The Demon’s Head”  Before I sat down to write this post I went back and read a few of the previous post that I wrote including the original post from the beginning of last year and all I can say is wow how things have changed.

Looking back at a year…

This blog has won 2 versatile blogger awards in the last year and has amassed a small following that I really didn't think was possible. When I first sat down with the idea of doing a blog and a Facebook page I didn't know which direction to go in, I didn’t know what I was doing, Hell I didn’t even have a clue how to get started but I sat down and wrote the first issue of “In The Demon’s Head” and I posted it on Facebook. If you were around on back then, than you know how far I’ve come since then.

I put out a weekly edition for nearly 2 months on Facebook. As a lot of you may know from experimentation with Facebook there are a lot of problems with the idea of hosting a blog on a Facebook Page. Including the fact that you can’t track statistics, and you can’t include pictures, at least then you couldn’t. (I don’t have a clue if you can now) Then I decided to move it over to Blogger which has been and will continue to be my home for “In The Demon’s Head”

Then the blog itself has went through a few changes, from being a weekly piece on writing and writing tips, to being an update weekly piece, to going bi-weekly and doing one edition on writing, and one on general updates. None of these really seemed to spark interest. The General update pieces were cool and people who were interested in what I was writing were interested. However, I realized doing that once a week was getting repetitive eventually so I stopped that.

Then I started posting pieces on no strict schedule that were full of details on new projects progress on current ones and then some. That’s what I was doing up til last month when I started the Photoblogging Challenge. I’m interested in seeing where this blogging challenge goes but we’ll see. I’ll also be doing some general updates periodically but most of “In The Demon’s Head” will now be a personal canvas showing my writing with the photoblogging challenge.

Where Did The Idea and Name for “In The Demon’s Head” Come From?

This is a question that a number of people have asked me over the last year. It’s one I never really answered up until now and it wasn’t for any particular reason. In reality it was because I had no clue how to answer it and as I sit here now I have no idea how to answer it. But I’m going to try it.

The idea for the blog itself came about as I was trying to find a job. I wanted to start chasing a writing job full time. In fact it was Liz that told me that was the direction that I should go in. In fact as I sit here I realize there are a lot of people who still don’t think it’s possible and to them I say that I’ll show you one day soon. In fact the idea for the photoblogging challenge was also Liz’s so in reality she has been the major driving force behind this blog since day one.

As far as the name goes, that one was a creation all my own. It has nothing to do with the type or writing I do or anything like that, like a lot of people tend to believe. In fact it’s based around the fact that a number of people tend to think that I’m a demon of sorts, kinda hard to explain but the thought that I’m a bit corrupted or demonic has ran around a bit in my lifetime, couple that WITH the types of things I write and the way I think and you have the name of the blog. It’s kinda strange when you look back at it just because I didn’t think before I did it and I figured that it would probably change but it’s stuck and I really like it.

A couple of Updates before I go

The next full length story that will be available as everyone knows is “Life After Dark” and it will be available for download for free later this month. There are a couple of pieces of information that I’d like to let you in on first.

First off, I got to take a look at the cover for the new short story and I’m very excited. There are a couple of tweaks that we need to make on it if we can before it is final but I really do like the cover and I can say that I hope it’s ready and available for you to view by Wednesday of this week.

Also, those of you reading this special edition of the blog will hear it here first, The story “Life After Dark” will be the first of three short stories in the Blackout Series being released this year. The first one will be free with the 4 after it only being 99 cents a piece. If you knew that then I’ll guarantee you didn’t know that the book will be available for download from Smashwords, My Website, On WattPad, and On Facebook starting on Midnight the 27th of February, That’s a Wednesday which is a bit odd but it works with my work schedule.

An event will be created probably this Wednesday but until then please spread the word, share the post, let everyone know that this story is coming and it’s coming soon. I can promise you that this is going to be a set of stories that you won’t want to miss.

That’s all I’ve got for now until next time you take a trip through the gates of hell and into the Demon’s Head, I’m Kyle Robinson wishing you a safe trip back to the surface.  

1 comment:

  1. Happy first anniversary! Keep up with writing and keeping your dream alive!

    ReplyDelete