Tuesday, September 11, 2012

In The Demon's Head: 11 Years Later





In The Demon's Head #59: 11 Years Later, How the World Has Changed.
September 11, 2012

Hello everyone on this afternoon where many have spent the day morning or somber due to the memorials that took place earlier today to commemorate the 11th anniversary of the World Trade Center attacks on America on September 11, 2001. For so many today is a day of memorial and remembrance as they lost a loved one or lost something on that fateful day. The question that's posed every year is do you remember where you were when the plane struck the towers.

For me, I was in the fifth grade. We had just finished up something in the morning and we were instructed to line up and go to the gym where we were all gathered. No one ever told us exactly what was going on but we were told that something had happened, being so young I didn't quite understand the severity of it until that afternoon when I came home.

Even as young as I was I realized that, that day would forever live on as something that would change the lives of every American Citizen. A couple of days later WWE's Smackdown was the first public gathering since the attacks and Vince McMahon offered a heartfelt and moving speech to the crowd that night in attendance. He said that we as American's wouldn't be afraid because fear would only show them that they had won. That was the first night in a series of events that showed how much the country had been moved. The final thing that I remember from that week was the CMA's where Alan Jackson performed his song “Where were you when the world stopped turning” It's a song that to this day is played on September 11, as a memorial for those that had fallen.

Now looking back at the events of that day it's amazing how things have shaped our lives. First off looking at our security system that's changed over the last decade. Airport Security is going to be a huge deal now, not that it shouldn't have always been but the last decade has taught us things that we would have never known about ourselves.

Another thing that I think has changed as a whole is the human mindset. We're a lot weaker as a human race then we used to be. We take too much care in everything and we always get butt hurt when things don't go the way they want, they get upset when things are taken the slightest out of context.

I think it's changed a lot of things, including how everything is looking. I don't know for a fact what comes next but I believe that whatever it is we as a society needs to be ready for it. I'm not preaching and arguing about what comes next and what we need to do but given our history we need to be ready.

That's all for today's edition of In The Demon's Head, I'll be back Friday with a new general update. In that update I will have some new information on the direction of the In The Demon's Head Blog going forward. I hope that you'll join me, Until the next time that you decide to take a trip through the gates of hell and into the demon's head, I'm Kyle Robinson wishing you a safe trip back to the surface.

No comments:

Post a Comment