Tuesday, August 14, 2012

In The Demon's Head: How Sights Influence Your Sound




In The Demon's Head #51: How Sights Influence Your Sound
August 14, 2012

How's everyone this Tuesday afternoon, it's almost 2 O'clock where I'm sitting and it seemed as good a time as any to sit down and write the new In The Demon's Head Blog post. Before we begin I'd like to say again if you want this delivered straight to your E-mail inbox then please provide your email address in the box above. Also if your wanting a copy of my Promotional Techniques E-Book just visit my website and fill out the form at the bottom.

Onto today's issue, as I'm sure you've no doubt guessed by the title today's installment is all about sights, but you may ask yourself what it means if they influence your sound. I'm here to explain.

I want you to think of a plot to a book you've read, any plot at all it doesn't matter. Now I want you to picture that same book written with that plot by someone else, someone who hasn't done the things your author has done, or hasn't seen the things your author has seen.

For me the process of sights is an important thing as it shapes every type of writing that is out there, but I'd like to focus more on how ti could influence your sound. Every writer has their own sound, Me, You, everyone who writes has their style and voice as it's shown out through words.

It's so important to realize what it is that you've seen and been around in your lifetime as it can influence your next project and maybe even possibly your next best seller. Your style and your voice as you write is your reflection and I think it's our surroundings and understandings of the world around us that make us the writers that we grow into.

So here's my challenge for you today, I want you to go for a walk and just pay attention to the world around you, nothing else. Then I want you to go home and find something you wrote from a long time ago, and I want you to think back to that time and figure out how your life influenced that piece of writing, if it did at all. I'd love you to share your comments on how your sights have influenced your writing voice so feel free to share them below.

On a final note I'll be back on Friday with a weekly update hopefully with some information on “More Than Memories” and the brand new project “Life After Dark” You can subscribe to the blog by entering your name above, if you have some extra cash and would like to donate I have a donate button above it would be greatly appreciated, Finally you can visit my website and check out how to find me on Social Media until the next time you want to take a trip through the gates of hell and into the demon's head, I'm Kyle Robinson wishing you a safe trip back to the surface.

No comments:

Post a Comment