Friday, June 1, 2012

In The Demon's Head: The End of a Long Road





In The Demon's Head #28: The End of a Long Road
June 1, 2012

Hello everyone and welcome to the beginning of another weekend and as always that means another great edition of “In The Demon's Head” with yours truly. I hope everyone's Memorial Day weekend went well last weekend mine was very long and hot as I'm sure a lot of yours were as well. On top of that I'm hoping that this weekend will provide with you with as much fun.

I for one am very excited to see this weekend finally arrive. It's something I've been working toward since Last December, perhaps before that but I'd center it really around Christmas time last year. The idea to give my lovely girlfriend Liz a Christmas Present started spinning, and the first ever collection of poems that were seen by another person was made. Called “The Light Behind The Bridge” I was excited and she enjoyed it, she said I should think about maybe taking it bigger and that's what I thought about, but sadly I knew there was a lot more then what I had given her in a publishable collection so I set to work.

Now here we are five months later on the cusp of Summer 2012, and I have completed the first draft of “More Then Memories” I'm very excited to say that it's 195 pages of Poems and short stories. It's something that I'm very proud of and after a weekend away from writing I'm going to start editing it on Monday and hopefully it will be ready for agent eyes by the middle of July but that's a time table based around a number of factors.

Also last Sunday was very beneficial to me, I was able to complete the entire Blog Calendar for 2012 save for I think 2 dates. Speaking of this blog calendar, I'd like to remind you that I'm looking for another author interview for June so if anyone is interested either send me a message on Facebook, Twitter, or via email by clicking here.

On top of the blog calendar I came up with another possible novel idea that I might implement down the road. I've also grown pretty thoughtful to the fact of another poetry collection, depending on the fate of this one. We'll just have to wait and see. All in all it's been a very good week and I look forward to beginning editing soon. I really would like to thank everyone that will be a part of this process and I'd like to say thanks to anyone in advance for everything.

That's pretty much it for this week's general update. As always there's the donate button at the top, if you enjoy what I do here I'd love you to drop just a little extra cash in there. Also if your interested in the interview spotlight for the month of June you can send me an email by clicking here. Also if you put your email address in the box above you'll have In The Demon's Head sent to you directly every time on publication day.
Until the next time you want to take a trip through the gates of hell and into the Demon's head, I'm Kyle Robinson wishing you a safe trip back to the surface.

You can connect with me on:


1 comment:

  1. This is great news! Congrats on finishing the new More Then Memories draft. Can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete