Tuesday, May 29, 2012

In The Demon's Head: Twitter FAQ





In The Demon's Head #27: Twitter FAQ
May 29, 2012

Hello everyone, we're up to number 27 for In The Demon's Head. We've been together now for 3 months and I have to say that it's been a very fun three months. I've learned a lot about myself, a lot about writing, and a lot about the career path that I'm so very much wanting to follow. I thought I'd take this chance to give some information on 2 of the biggest platform builders out there today, Facebook and Twitter, so Today and next Tuesday I will be giving some basic info on both of these sites.

Before I get to that, I'd like to thank Miss Jennifer Chow, the first of my interviews for nominating me for the versatile blogger award. I'm not completely sure what it all means but I feel honored that I was nominated for such an award. Again, thanks Miss Chow all then thanks in the world.

Either way onto today's edition, Twitter FAQ.

Twitter was launched in 2006 and circles around a simple system that allows it's users to “tweet” in 140 characters or less. It gives people a chance to microsize their thoughts and share them with their followers. That's how Twitter works. Instead of friends, You have Followers, these people are the people that will see your tweets when you post them. When it comes to twitter, the more followers you have the bigger and better fanbase that you would have as an author.

Also, another good way to connect is to become a follower. Also, the way twitter works is if you follow a certain type of people, the recommendations will show you people of that same type. For me, I follow Wrestlers, Wrestling Personalities, and Writing types. I've gotten it narrowed down to where that's all it recommends to me now which makes me picking and choosing people who I want to get in contact with so much easier.

The other three features are the favorited and re-tweet function which allow you to favorite tweets and re-tweet some of your favorite tweets from people you follow. Then you can also reply to the tweet which allows you to, in 140 characters respond to certain tweets.

On top of those you also have a direct messaging feature that is common in every type of social media website that has come and gone in the last decade, and finally instead of website url's like most have you can be mentioned by using the @ sign, for me it's @krobwritings and you start conversations using #, these are things you'll have to experiment with and learn how to use.

All in all, Twitter is a great place to help you begin building a fan base. It gives you a chance to interact with your fans, and share different conversation starters. Twitter is a great micro conversation piece so if you haven't done so yet, visit www.twitter.com, set up a profile and get tweeting. If you have any stories about your Twitter encounters share them in the comments below.

Join me again Friday for our weekly update, it will be a big one as it will have news concerning the 1st draft of “More Then Memories” and then next Tuesday I will be back again to cover some basics of Facebook. If you like what I do don't forget to sign up to have “In The Demon's Head” sent directly to your email by putting your email in the box above. Also, there's a donate button at the top of the blog that I put in place to anyone who may be up for helping me earn a little money doing what I love, writing.

Until the next time you want to take a trip through the gates of hell and into the demon's head, I'm Kyle Robinson wishing you a safe trip back to the surface.
-----------------------

You can connect with me on:

No comments:

Post a Comment