Monday, April 22, 2013

The Booth


In The Demon’s Head #103: The Booth

April 22, 2013

Hello everyone and happy Monday. I wanted to welcome those that are new to the party and say hello. To those that are returning I want to say thanks for coming along for the ride all this time. The reason that I bring this up is because I noticed that I’ve been getting something like an average of 40-50 Page views a day. That’s a massive surprise and a good jump up from what it used to be. I want to say thanks to everyone who reads this and I ask that you help me spread the word. With your help we can double, or even triple that number. Let’s take a look at the picture kicking off this week.



The Booth

It looked so normal against the backdrop,
Of the bustling city,
But when I stepped inside,
My entire world changed,
What they thought was an ordinary telephone booth,
Turned out to be a chance,
To jump,
In time,
I had no control of where it went,
But I found myself spun,
Out of control,
Until coming to a stop,
On a city street,
That looked a lot like the one,
I left behind,
Only this time,
Cars were dead on the sides of the road,
The bridges were crumbling,
And the world as a whole,
Was a dark shade of brown,
I could smell the death in the air,
And the sorrow in the skies,
What had happened here,
I walked slowly,
Looking for something,
That could tell me anything,
Or someone,
Who knew,
And that’s when I found the wall,
Written across the top,
“Lost In the End”
2077,
The wall was populated with names,
Of those that died,
It was then that I realized,
That the world,
Had come and gone,
In the flash of light,
There may be some survivors remaining,
But they were likely,
Few and far between,
I went back to the booth,
Only hoping that closing that door a second time,
Would send me back to my own time,
I held my breath,
And pulled,
As the world once again spun,
Around and Around,
Finally I touched down,
This time the city that I had left,
In 2013 was here,
Everyone going about their lives,
I couldn’t help but to believe,
That some of them would change their ways,
If they had seen what I had,
In the future

About The Piece

Some of these pictures are hard to find a story with. Others, much like this one, are simple. They’re stories seem to scream at me more then I find them. I was very pleased with how this piece turned out and I can only hope that the remaining pictures scream at me this way all week. Feel free to share your feedback or comments in the comments section.

Remember you can connect with me on the following networks:

Email

You can also subscribe to have the blog delivered to your inbox. Simply put your email address in the upper right hand corner, that’s all you have to do. I’d like to also ask that if you enjoy this blog, please donate using the paypal button above.

Until the next time you want to take a trip through the gates of hell and into the demon’s head, I’m Kyle Robinson wishing you a safe trip back to the surface.

No comments:

Post a Comment