Friday, May 4, 2012

In The Demons' Head #19: The Lowdown


In The Demons' Head # 19: The Lowdown

May 4, 2012

Hello everyone and welcome to the end of another work week. I think I speak for the masses when I say TGIF. If your like a lot of working people your getting ready for the weekend and there's no better day of the week then a Friday. Friday also brings about another issue of In The Demons' Head.

As you know for the last month or so this Friday issue hasn't really been something spectacular mainly just a rundown of what has happened with me and writing business in the past week and sadly this week there's not a whole lot to report.

As most of you may have read on Facebook, Twitter, and Google Plus yesterday I finished up another poem to add to the ever growing collection “More Then Memories” This new poem entitled “The Watchtower” took a turn even I didn't see coming and I think like most writers out there, it's situations like that where you love writing so much more.

Also I don't know about a lot of you guys out there that are writers but have you ever laid down to sleep but you just couldn't do it. Not because the stress of the day has weighed on your mind, not because the world could suddenly stop spinning at any minute, and not because your worried a bill or two won't get paid. But because the story that your mind has been brewing suddenly calls out to you in a real distinct voice?

That happened to me earlier today, I had caught a few hours of sleep, during which I remember a dream vividly about the story that's been turning over in my head. After I woke up and got a drink, I tried to lay back down but it just wasn't happening. The story kept calling out to me, pleading to be started. I'm a procrastinator and it takes forever to start something but this was a call I couldn't seem to shake.

I walked out to the living room, fired up my computer and began working on “The Cellar” It's likely to be the last short story that is included in my collection. I don't know what direction it's going yet, I don't know how long it will be but I have a feeling the next few weeks is going to be filled with a lot of ups and downs and I'm so very excited about that. I'm interested, if you have ever had this happen please feel free to share in the comments below. 

That's really all the developments of the week for me. If you feel like reading and haven't checked out the stuff on my Facebook Page you can do so by clicking here, there are a number of poems and a story for sure up right now and I'd love any feedback that you would like to give, you could help shape the editing process.
 
If you have any questions you can drop me a line by clicking here and if you want to save yourself the trip to blogspot you can have In The Demons' Head sent to you hot off the presses by subscribing with your email address in the box above. If you like these post please feel free to share them on whatever site you deem necessary.

Okay, good lord that's enough Hard selling for right now, just remember that until the next time you want to take a trip through the gates of hell and into the demons' head, I'm Kyle Robinson wishing you a safe trip back to the surface.
 
-------------------------------------------------

You can connect with me on:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment