Friday, March 30, 2012

In The Demon's Head #1


Hello, and to everyone who has found this post, thanks. And if you haven't, well then your not reading this so right now I'm talking to you am I? Okay in all seriousness I want to start this post the same way I will likely start them all, with a prayer.... wow none of these seem to be clicking in my head as I write them so I really hope your laughing if not then I'm already starting to look like a real jackass. There is something though, that I would like to start this and every post with and it's a simple warning, There are things that may be said that may not always be flowery and pretty, in fact I have a tendency to be a bit angry, offensive, and say a few four letter words. Just a heads up I write this as it comes out of my head so be warned some may not be for the faint of heart.

First, I'd like to thank everyone who has taken the time to like my newest page on Facebook, located at this link http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kyle-Robinson/233363000085561 (If it doesn't appear as a link then just copy and paste and it should work) or joined my group.

Next, I'd like to give you a basic idea of what this blog is going to be about. As most of you will know I'm a writer of multiple styles from copywriting, to fiction writing, the latter is one I've been studying and working on for the last ten years. What this blog is, as the name suggest, is an insight into what I'm thinking, what I'm working on, what's been going on “In The Demon's Head” (See the clever tie in there.... DAMNIT you may never be amused, PS. If you laughed at that I LOVE YOU NOW)

Also most of the time I will focus on some sort of writing and once people start asking them I will be answering questions here in the blog so if you have some sort of question about my writing, about what I've done, or what I've been working on please feel free to ask it on the page wall or the group page either one. However, since this is the first post I don't have any questions to address so I'll get right down into the dirty of my head.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The world is a strange place, this is a fact of life that you learn early on. Most of us discover this between the ages of 12 and 14 as we start to see ourselves mature and grow and others don't learn this until their well into their 20's or even sometimes 30's. For me, it happened in the 5th grade in the fall of 2001. The world stopped for a lot of people on September 11th of that year. For me it was the day I realized that life can change on a dime and everything could end in less then an hour if it was allowed to be that way.

Now before you think I'm trying to turn this into some sort of depressing thing, I promise I'm not but hear me out. Is it not strange that literally everything in the world changes every second of every day in some way. I recently read a book by a great author by the name of Stephen King, the book's title is 11/22/63, it's his latest work and it's about one man's attempt to stop the assassination of John F. Kennedy. Now I won't spoil the book for you if you haven't read it, but one of the constant themes in this book was “The Butterfly Effect”

If you don't know what “The Butterfly Effect” is, well it's simple it's a theory that something as simple as the flapping of butterfly wings could shift the balance of everything we know at some point in time. After I finished this book I thought about the concept of “The Butterfly Effect” and it was mind boggling. That something so simple could change the entire outcome of life as we know it seemed a slight impossibility. But the more I thought about it more I realized that, while the idea seems a bit far fetched it could be possible that things could change so simply.
What would have happened if Ronald Reagan would have never been elected president. Or Martin Luther King would have never met his end with that bullet. History is funny in ways at how some things ended up.

But it was this process, the historic process that basically builds upon the last event to happen that I learned I use every time I sit down to write a story, poem or anything that I type out. Now I know that this seems like a simple thought but if you've ever thought about writing something but have been too worried that a specific order, or logic has to be present in anything, then there's no need to fear.

While some of us do build on the blocks that are laid down by our imaginations, others do not. Those of you who fall into this second category let me give you an idea. No matter what type of writer you are I hope this will work for you, I want you to sit down and picture in you head someone. Doesn't really matter who, and I want you to write what their doing be it playing basketball, running after a loose dog, doesn't really matter sit down for five minutes and write whatever it is you see this person doing.

Once that is done you can then go back and put things in order. This beautiful process is known as the drafting process but that's something to be talked about for another day.

Now I know things might have seemed a bit long, and if they were I'm sorry and I'd love to hear that feedback from you. If not and you liked what you read then please let me know that to because between you and me, I'm kinda new to the whole blogging thing and I'm going to need some feedback so I don't suck so bad in the future, could you do that for me? You can leave all comments in the comment post below here.

Until next time you step through hell's gate and into the demon's head,
I'm Kyle Robinson wishing you a safe trip back to the surface.

No comments:

Post a Comment